Monday 12 January 2015

Times: Drag queen shrugs off abuse

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20150111/local/Drag-queen-shrugs-off-abuse.551327
Sunday, January 11, 2015, 00:01 by Ivan Martin


Moises Ismael (left) also known as the drag queen Lakesiss.

A Paceville drag queen is challenging homophobic sentiment in the island’s clubbing district despite regularly facing abuse from revellers.

Moises Ismael, 29, from Panama, works as an entertainer and host at a gay club, AXM, in the heart of Paceville.

Mr Ismael, or Lakesiss as he is known in drag, recounts how he regularly faces offensive taunts and at times the threat of physical violence from some Paceville patrons.

“I treat people the way they treat me. I mean, I don’t hit them or offend them of course – I’m the queen. I just smile... [This is a Times Premium article. Click here to continue reading the article].

No comments:

Post a Comment